Al Qaeda members should watch their back: Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama has warned that the al Qaeda members must watch their backs, as the US evaluates a treasure trove of information related to terrorists seized from Osama bin Laden`s compound in
"Every terrorist in the al Qaeda network should be watching their back, because we`re going to review every video, we are going to examine every photo, we`re going to read every one of those millions of pages, we`re going to pursue every lead. We are going to go wherever it takes us," Obama said yesterday.
"We`re going to finish the job. We are going to defeat al Qaeda," Obama said, referring to the treasure trove of information in his remarks to the intelligence community at the CIA headquarters in Langley Virginia.
"Because we not only took out the symbol and operational leader of al Qaeda, we walked off with his files... the largest treasure trove of intelligence ever seized from a terrorist leader. Many of you now are working around the clock; you didn`t have much time to celebrate. We`ve got to analyze and evaluate and exploit this mountain of intelligence," Obama said in his address to the intelligence community.
"Even as we stay focused on this mission, we need you to stay nimble and flexible to meet the full range of threats to our security, from plots against our homeland to nations seeking weapons of mass destruction to transnational threats such as cyber criminals and narco traffickers," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report