Al-Qaeda plotting `spectacular attacks` in UK: Report
London: Extremists linked to the al-Qaeda
have claimed that home-grown terrorists are plotting
"spectacular attacks" in Britain, the latest news report said on Monday.
According to reports, the al-Qaeda militants have
labeled Britain and Europe as a bigger enemy than the United
States in an internet magazine favoured by the extremists.
The website, promoted by supporters of extremist
cleric Abdullah al-Faisal who was deported from Britain after
serving a jail sentence for inciting violence, warns of
"spectacular attacks", The Sun reported today.
The British tabloid said the strikes are being planned
by terrorists living in Britain in coordination with others
Security experts in the UK have warned repeatedly that
al-Qaeda inspired home-grown terrorism is the number one
challenge for Britain.
A recent report has called for reform of the Joint
Intelligence Committee (JIC) to allow an expert on
`home-grown` terrorism to sit on the top security panel and to
be consulted when assessing potential security risks.
Prime Minister Gordon Brown had earlier underlined
that most of the terrorist plots that took place in Britain
had their links Pakistan and Afghanistan, where the al-Qaeda
and Taliban militants have been fighting the US-led Nato
"Three-quarters of the terrorist plots that hit
Britain derive from Pakistan and Afghanistan and it is to make
Britain safe and the rest of the world safe that we must make
sure we honour our commitment to maintain a stable
Afghanistan," Brown said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Azam Khan dares Yogi Adityanath: `Prove your masculinity by getting married`
- Nihal Batla, face of Progeria awareness campaign in India, dies at 15
- BJP slams UP CM Akhilesh Yadav over hunger death in Bundelkhand
- Shah Rukh Khan should get National Award for 'FAN'—See who says this!
- Forget controversies, KRK makes 'interesting' remark about Karan Singh Grover-Bipasha Basu wedding