Al Qaeda urges `holy` war over anti-Islam film
Cairo: After a series of fierce protests worldwide over the controversial anti-Islam movie “Innocence of Muslims”, al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has now planned to wage a ‘holy’ war over the insult of Prophet Mohhamed.
He has reportedly appealed all Muslims to start a holy war against the US and Israel over the anti-Islam film that was made by an Egyptian Coptic-Christian Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, who is an American citizen.
The al Qaeda leader has reportedly praised the protests against the film across the world. He has even described the demonstrators as “honest and zealous” who breached the US embassy in Cairo and attackers who stormed the US embassy" in Benghazi in violence linked to the film.
The September 11 attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi killed the US ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three others.
In the latest audio message that was released by al Qaeda`s media arm As-Sahab and posted on militant websites early Saturday, al-Zawahri claimed Washington allowed the film`s production under the pretext of freedom of expression, "but this freedom did not prevent them from torturing Muslim prisoners."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway