Al Qaeda urges `holy` war over anti-Islam film
Cairo: After a series of fierce protests worldwide over the controversial anti-Islam movie “Innocence of Muslims”, al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has now planned to wage a ‘holy’ war over the insult of Prophet Mohhamed.
He has reportedly appealed all Muslims to start a holy war against the US and Israel over the anti-Islam film that was made by an Egyptian Coptic-Christian Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, who is an American citizen.
The al Qaeda leader has reportedly praised the protests against the film across the world. He has even described the demonstrators as “honest and zealous” who breached the US embassy in Cairo and attackers who stormed the US embassy" in Benghazi in violence linked to the film.
The September 11 attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi killed the US ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three others.
In the latest audio message that was released by al Qaeda`s media arm As-Sahab and posted on militant websites early Saturday, al-Zawahri claimed Washington allowed the film`s production under the pretext of freedom of expression, "but this freedom did not prevent them from torturing Muslim prisoners."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation