Al Qaeda urges `holy` war over anti-Islam film
Cairo: After a series of fierce protests worldwide over the controversial anti-Islam movie “Innocence of Muslims”, al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has now planned to wage a ‘holy’ war over the insult of Prophet Mohhamed.
He has reportedly appealed all Muslims to start a holy war against the US and Israel over the anti-Islam film that was made by an Egyptian Coptic-Christian Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, who is an American citizen.
The al Qaeda leader has reportedly praised the protests against the film across the world. He has even described the demonstrators as “honest and zealous” who breached the US embassy in Cairo and attackers who stormed the US embassy" in Benghazi in violence linked to the film.
The September 11 attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi killed the US ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three others.
In the latest audio message that was released by al Qaeda`s media arm As-Sahab and posted on militant websites early Saturday, al-Zawahri claimed Washington allowed the film`s production under the pretext of freedom of expression, "but this freedom did not prevent them from torturing Muslim prisoners."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back