Al Qaeda urges `holy` war over anti-Islam film
Cairo: After a series of fierce protests worldwide over the controversial anti-Islam movie “Innocence of Muslims”, al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri has now planned to wage a ‘holy’ war over the insult of Prophet Mohhamed.
He has reportedly appealed all Muslims to start a holy war against the US and Israel over the anti-Islam film that was made by an Egyptian Coptic-Christian Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, who is an American citizen.
The al Qaeda leader has reportedly praised the protests against the film across the world. He has even described the demonstrators as “honest and zealous” who breached the US embassy in Cairo and attackers who stormed the US embassy" in Benghazi in violence linked to the film.
The September 11 attack on the US Consulate in Benghazi killed the US ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens and three others.
In the latest audio message that was released by al Qaeda`s media arm As-Sahab and posted on militant websites early Saturday, al-Zawahri claimed Washington allowed the film`s production under the pretext of freedom of expression, "but this freedom did not prevent them from torturing Muslim prisoners."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA