Al-Qaeda vows revenge for those killed in Yemeni strike: TV
Dubai: Men claiming to be Al-Qaeda members
have vowed to avenge those killed in a Yemeni air strike on
one of the group`s training camps in southern Yemen,
Al-Jazeera television reported on Tuesday.
In a short video aired by the pan-Arab satellite channel,
a bearded man holding a microphone and flanked by two armed
men addressed a crowd gathered in the Abyan province to mourn
those killed in Thursday`s air raid.
"We carry prayer beads and with them we carry a bomb for
the enemies of God," the man said.
Al-Jazeera identified them as "armed men claiming to be
from Al-Qaeda" and said they had also vowed revenge for the
victims of the air raid.
Thursday`s air strike on the village of Al-Maajala killed
23 children and 17 women, a local official and tribal sources
said. The government said it targeted a suspected Al-Qaeda
training camp, killing around 30 militants, some of them
"Know, (Yemeni) soldiers, that we do not want to fight
you, and there is no issue between us," the bearded man said
in the video.
"The issue is between us and America and its allies, and
beware those who stand in the ranks of America."
Twin blasts at the site of the air strike killed two
people and wounded nine yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say