Al Qaeda`s No 2 in Yemen dead: Report
Sanaa: Yemen`s official news agency says al Qaeda`s number 2 in Yemen has died of wounds sustained in a drone attack last year in southern Yemen.
Saeed al-Shihri, a Saudi national who fought in Afghanistan and spent six years in the US military prison at Guantanamo Bay, was wounded in a missile attack in the southern city of Saada on Nov 28, according to SABA news agency.
The agency said that he was in a coma since then. It was not clear when he actually died.
A security official said that the missile has been fired by a US-operated, unmanned drone aircraft. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the press.
Washington considers al Qaeda in The Arabian Peninsula the most dangerous the group`s offshoots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery