Al Qaeda`s No 2 in Yemen says in audio he`s alive
Cairo: An audio recording purported to be of al Qaeda`s No 2 in Yemen has surfaced on the Internet with the militant figure denying government reports that he was killed in a US drone strike last month.
In the message, a man claiming to be Saudi-born Saeed al-Shihri says reports of his death were a "rumour to cover up the killing of innocent Muslim civilians."
The authenticity of the audio could not be independently confirmed. It was produced by al Qaeda`s media arm in Yemen, al-Malahem, and posted on militant websites late yesterday.
Yemeni officials, speaking anonymously in line with regulations, have said al-Shihri and six others travelling with him died in a September strike on their vehicle. The missile was believed to have been fired by a US-operated, unmanned drone aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder