Al Qaeda`s No 2 incites Tunisians, Egyptians
Cairo: Osama bin Laden`s deputy is urging Tunisians and Egyptians to continue their uprisings and revolt against the interim governments set up after the ouster of their autocratic presidents.
Ayman al-Zawahri claims the United States watched the developments in Tunisia for a long time, only deciding to support president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali`s removal after realising his regime no longer served Washington`s interests.
Al-Zawahri also says the US made intentionally vague statements on Egypt because the Obama administration wants to see if Hosni Mubarak would be able to suppress the popular uprising against his rule.
The message is al-Zawahri`s third audio since the uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt. The 15-minute recording was posted on a militant Web site late Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli