Al Qaeda`s No 2 incites Tunisians, Egyptians
Cairo: Osama bin Laden`s deputy is urging Tunisians and Egyptians to continue their uprisings and revolt against the interim governments set up after the ouster of their autocratic presidents.
Ayman al-Zawahri claims the United States watched the developments in Tunisia for a long time, only deciding to support president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali`s removal after realising his regime no longer served Washington`s interests.
Al-Zawahri also says the US made intentionally vague statements on Egypt because the Obama administration wants to see if Hosni Mubarak would be able to suppress the popular uprising against his rule.
The message is al-Zawahri`s third audio since the uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt. The 15-minute recording was posted on a militant Web site late Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot