Al Qaeda`s No 2 incites Tunisians, Egyptians
Cairo: Osama bin Laden`s deputy is urging Tunisians and Egyptians to continue their uprisings and revolt against the interim governments set up after the ouster of their autocratic presidents.
Ayman al-Zawahri claims the United States watched the developments in Tunisia for a long time, only deciding to support president Zine El Abidine Ben Ali`s removal after realising his regime no longer served Washington`s interests.
Al-Zawahri also says the US made intentionally vague statements on Egypt because the Obama administration wants to see if Hosni Mubarak would be able to suppress the popular uprising against his rule.
The message is al-Zawahri`s third audio since the uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt. The 15-minute recording was posted on a militant Web site late Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'