Al Qaida claims Baghdad attacks on Shiites
Baghdad: Al Qaida`s front group in Iraq has claimed responsibility for 91 deaths in a string of attacks on Baghdad`s Shiite districts.
The Islamic State of Iraq is also threatening more attacks on the country`s Shiite majority.
The group`s statement was posted Friday on a militant website. It says the assault Tuesday on Shiite civilians at restaurants and cafes across the capital was "the first day of many bloody days to come."
The Islamic State of Iraq is an umbrella group that includes al-Qaida in Iraq and other Sunni insurgent factions.
The group this week also threatened more attacks on Christians, after it took responsibility for a shocking siege at a Baghdad church during Sunday Mass that left 58 people dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi