Al-Qaida in Yemen threatened US
Cairo: An Al-Qaida operative in Yemen
threatened the United States and said "we are carrying a bomb"
in a video posted online four days before the botched
Christmas Day attempt to blow up a Northwest Airlines flight.
The video does not contain any clear evidence that the
speaker was anticipating Friday`s attempt, but it has
attracted scrutiny because of reports that the bombing plot
may have originated in Yemen.
The 23-year-old Nigerian man accused in the attack
claimed he received training and instructions from al-Qaida
operatives there, US law enforcement officials said, and a key
American lawmaker has said there are "strong suggestions" of a
In a Dec 21 video, the al-Qaida operative delivered a
eulogy for militants killed in a Yemeni airstrike on a
militant training camp four days earlier. The speaker said he
had no agenda against Yemeni soldiers, but warned them against
cooperating with Americans.
"We are carrying a bomb to hit the enemies of God," the
"O soldiers, you should learn that we do not want to
fight you, nor do we have an issue with you. We only have an
issue with America and its agents, and beware of standing in
the ranks of America," he says. "You should not defend these
regimes. The soldiers and even Obama cannot put out the light
The video was posted on extremist Web sites and the
speaker was Mohammed al-Kalwi, an al-Qaida activist reportedly
killed in airstrike on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you