Ala man gets prison for tweeting Obama threat
Huntsville (US): A judge has sentenced an Alabama man to a year in federal prison for tweeting a threat against President Barack Obama.
US District Judge Lynwood Smith imposed the sentence on Jarvis M Britton during a hearing on Thursday in Huntsville.
Britton must spend three years on probation after finishing the prison term.
The 26-year-old Birmingham man pleaded guilty in March to threatening the President`s life.
Prosecutors say Britton sent a tweet in September that said, "Let`s kill the President. F.E.A.R."
Several people have been linked to a national militia group that prosecutors say was called F.E.A.R. It stands for Forever Enduring Always Ready.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan