Ala man gets prison for tweeting Obama threat
Huntsville (US): A judge has sentenced an Alabama man to a year in federal prison for tweeting a threat against President Barack Obama.
US District Judge Lynwood Smith imposed the sentence on Jarvis M Britton during a hearing on Thursday in Huntsville.
Britton must spend three years on probation after finishing the prison term.
The 26-year-old Birmingham man pleaded guilty in March to threatening the President`s life.
Prosecutors say Britton sent a tweet in September that said, "Let`s kill the President. F.E.A.R."
Several people have been linked to a national militia group that prosecutors say was called F.E.A.R. It stands for Forever Enduring Always Ready.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city