Ala man gets prison for tweeting Obama threat
Huntsville (US): A judge has sentenced an Alabama man to a year in federal prison for tweeting a threat against President Barack Obama.
US District Judge Lynwood Smith imposed the sentence on Jarvis M Britton during a hearing on Thursday in Huntsville.
Britton must spend three years on probation after finishing the prison term.
The 26-year-old Birmingham man pleaded guilty in March to threatening the President`s life.
Prosecutors say Britton sent a tweet in September that said, "Let`s kill the President. F.E.A.R."
Several people have been linked to a national militia group that prosecutors say was called F.E.A.R. It stands for Forever Enduring Always Ready.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview