Ala man gets prison for tweeting Obama threat
Huntsville (US): A judge has sentenced an Alabama man to a year in federal prison for tweeting a threat against President Barack Obama.
US District Judge Lynwood Smith imposed the sentence on Jarvis M Britton during a hearing on Thursday in Huntsville.
Britton must spend three years on probation after finishing the prison term.
The 26-year-old Birmingham man pleaded guilty in March to threatening the President`s life.
Prosecutors say Britton sent a tweet in September that said, "Let`s kill the President. F.E.A.R."
Several people have been linked to a national militia group that prosecutors say was called F.E.A.R. It stands for Forever Enduring Always Ready.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- BSP leader Brajesh Pathak joins BJP
- Piaggio launches Aprilia SR 150 in India priced at Rs 65,000
- Family of killed Dalit youths, who died in 2012 Gujarat police firing, demand CBI probe
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena
- J&K unrest: Kashmiris are not stone-pelters, only few are disturbing peace, says Mehbooba Mufti