Albanian opposition accuses govt over 3 deaths
Tirana: Albania`s main opposition party is blaming the government for the deaths of three people in clashes between protesters and police during an anti-government demonstration.
Socialist Party leader Edi Rama on Saturday directly accused Interior Minister Lulzim Basha of abuse of post and Prime Minister Sali Berisha of being the "political orchestrator" of the deaths.
Friday`s opposition rally in the Albanian capital demanded new elections following the resignation of the country`s deputy prime minister over alleged corruption.
Berisha has rejected the demands. He alleged the demonstrators included "gangs of criminals, bandits, traffickers and terrorists”.
The rally started with more than 20,000 participants. Organisers later claimed the number increased to up to 300,000. Police did not give any figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!