Albanian opposition accuses govt over 3 deaths
Tirana: Albania`s main opposition party is blaming the government for the deaths of three people in clashes between protesters and police during an anti-government demonstration.
Socialist Party leader Edi Rama on Saturday directly accused Interior Minister Lulzim Basha of abuse of post and Prime Minister Sali Berisha of being the "political orchestrator" of the deaths.
Friday`s opposition rally in the Albanian capital demanded new elections following the resignation of the country`s deputy prime minister over alleged corruption.
Berisha has rejected the demands. He alleged the demonstrators included "gangs of criminals, bandits, traffickers and terrorists”.
The rally started with more than 20,000 participants. Organisers later claimed the number increased to up to 300,000. Police did not give any figures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday