Albert Einstein starved his wife of sex?
London: While the world knows Albert Einstein for his theory of general relativity which effected a revolution in physics, a book has revealed the genius expected his wife to abide by a cruel list of rules which included sex ban.
Einstein barred Mileva Maric from sitting with him or going out together - and even ordered to "stop talking to me if I request it", The Sun reported.
He made clear that sex was a no-no saying: "You will not expect intimacy from me”.
The list revealed in -- Einstein: His Life and Universe -- states that he insisted she tidied his study, did his laundry and gave him "three meals regularly".
These were his conditions for them to stay together for the sake of sons Hans and Eduard as their 11-year marriage foundered in 1914.
Within months, his fed-up Serbian missus, 39, fled Berlin with the kids for Zurich and had a breakdown. They divorced in 1919.
Einstein, famed for his E=MC2 theory, later wed cousin Elsa and died in 1955, aged 76.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video