Albert Einstein starved his wife of sex?
London: While the world knows Albert Einstein for his theory of general relativity which effected a revolution in physics, a book has revealed the genius expected his wife to abide by a cruel list of rules which included sex ban.
Einstein barred Mileva Maric from sitting with him or going out together - and even ordered to "stop talking to me if I request it", The Sun reported.
He made clear that sex was a no-no saying: "You will not expect intimacy from me”.
The list revealed in -- Einstein: His Life and Universe -- states that he insisted she tidied his study, did his laundry and gave him "three meals regularly".
These were his conditions for them to stay together for the sake of sons Hans and Eduard as their 11-year marriage foundered in 1914.
Within months, his fed-up Serbian missus, 39, fled Berlin with the kids for Zurich and had a breakdown. They divorced in 1919.
Einstein, famed for his E=MC2 theory, later wed cousin Elsa and died in 1955, aged 76.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter