Algeria: 7 soldiers, 3 `terrorists` killed
Algiers: An attack on a military barracks in northeast Algeria claimed the lives of seven soldiers and three "terrorists" overnight, the El-Watan daily reported online on Friday.
An eighth soldier was missing after the machine gun attack on military sleeping quarters at Tizrarane in the Jijel province 350 kilometres (215 miles) east of Algiers, and two more were injured.
The Army retaliated with a helicopter attack, killing three of the assailants, said the newspaper.
Last week, five soldiers were killed and five injured in a bomb attack on a military convoy in the same area.
These types of attacks, normally not claimed, are generally attributed to militant Islamic groups including Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), an offshoot of the international network operating in northwest Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!