Algerian attack reminder of al Qaeda threat: Obama
Washington: Condemning the terrorist attack in Algeria, US President Barack Obama has blamed terrorists for the tragedy and said attack is another reminder of the threat posed by Al Qaeda and other violent extremist groups in North Africa.
Today, the thoughts and prayers of the American people are with the families of all those who were killed and injured in the terrorist attack in Algeria.
The blame for this tragedy rests with the terrorists who carried it out, and the United States condemns their actions in the strongest possible terms," Obama said in a statement yesterday.
The United States, he said, has been in constant contact with Algerian officials and stand ready to provide whatever assistance they need in the aftermath of this attack.
"We also will continue to work closely with all of our partners to combat the scourge of terrorism in the region, which has claimed too many innocent lives," he said.
"This attack is another reminder of the threat posed by Al -Qaeda and other violent extremist groups in North Africa. In the coming days, we will remain in close touch with the Government of Algeria to gain a fuller understanding of what took place so that we can work together to prevent tragedies like this in the future," Obama said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch