Algerian forces kill 20 alleged militants: Report
Algiers: A newspaper says that Algerian security forces have killed 20 members of an al Qaeda splinter group who were allegedly about to attack a fuel tanker.
A newspaper, considered close to Algerian security services, reported that a convoy carrying members of the Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa was hit Sunday near the Malian border. Monday`s report cited local security forces.
The raid could complicate efforts to free seven Algerian diplomats believed to be in the hands of the movement, which has fought the Algerian government for the last two decades.
The diplomats were taken from a consulate in northern Mali when militants stormed the building in early April as Tuareg rebels swept across the northern part of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Another blow to YS Jaganmohan Reddy, ED attaches assets worth Rs 749.10 crore
- Toyota recalls 3.37 million cars over airbag, emissions control issues
- 7th Central Pay Commission: 14 key facts that all government employees must know
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'