Algerian forces kill 20 alleged militants: Report
Algiers: A newspaper says that Algerian security forces have killed 20 members of an al Qaeda splinter group who were allegedly about to attack a fuel tanker.
A newspaper, considered close to Algerian security services, reported that a convoy carrying members of the Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa was hit Sunday near the Malian border. Monday`s report cited local security forces.
The raid could complicate efforts to free seven Algerian diplomats believed to be in the hands of the movement, which has fought the Algerian government for the last two decades.
The diplomats were taken from a consulate in northern Mali when militants stormed the building in early April as Tuareg rebels swept across the northern part of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!