Algerian President Bouteflika to name cabinet for fourth term
Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika on Monday named the first cabinet of his fourth term in office, retaining most key senior ministers and headed again by Abdelmalek Sellal, the presidency announced.
Bouteflika, who was re-elected by a landslide in last month`s leadership contest despite grave concerns about his health, had already reappointed Sellal as his prime minister, after the latter stepped down in February to run his election campaign.
"The president, after consulting the prime minister... issued a decree naming members of his government," the presidency said in a statement.
The 34-member cabinet dominated by technocrats also includes seven women.
The key portfolios being retained are Ramtane Lamamra (foreign affairs), Yayeb Belaiz (interior), Tayb Louh (justice), Youcef Yousfi (energy) and General Ahmed Gaid-Salah as deputy defence minister.
Karim Djoudi, who has headed the finance ministry since 2007, is stepping down for health reasons, according to informed sources, and will be replaced by Mohamed Djellab.
Another figure leaving the cabinet is culture minister Khalida Toumi, a former opposition member and leading Algerian feminist who eventually rallied behind Bouteflika, joining his government in 2002.
She will be succeeded by Nadia Labidi, a professor at Algiers university, with another woman and university teacher, Nouria Benghebrit, heading the education ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly