Algerian security forces kill 10 militants: Report
Algiers: Algerian security forces have killed 10 Islamist rebels in an ambush, state radio reported on Sunday.
The security forces, acting on a tip off, ambushed the insurgents on Saturday in the region of M`sila, 400 km (250 miles) east of Algiers, the radio report said. It said that a "large quantity" of weapons had been seized during the operation.
Insurgents operating under the name al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb carry out sporadic bombings and kidnappings in Algeria, though the level of violence has subsided dramatically in the past few years.
Officials say that they have killed or captured hundreds of the insurgents while many others have been persuaded to lay down their arms, leaving only a small hardcore of active fighters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up