All Myanmar political prisoners will be released: President
Zee Media Bureau
London: Myanmar President Thein Sein during his first official visit to UK on Monday said that all political prisoners in the country will be released by the year end.
“By the end of this year there will no political prisoner in Myanmar,” Sein said.
Sein made the announcement after holding talks with British Prime Minister David Cameron.
Since Sein took power in 2010, thousands of the political detainees have been released.
The release comes in the wake of the ongoing political reforms in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog