Alleged bomb maker surrenders to Indonesia police
Jakarta: Authorities say an alleged bomb maker who fled his house during a raid has surrendered to police in Indonesia`s capital.
Jakarta police spokesman Col Rikwanto said on Monday that 32-year-old Muhammad Toriq gave himself up late Sunday. He says a belt of explosives was strapped to Toriq`s body when he surrendered, but he handed it over along with a gun and ammunition.
Toriq escaped after residents in western Jakarta rushed to his home last week as plumes of smoke shot up from it. Police later found explosive devices inside.
Toriq is believed to be linked to a militant group that planned to shoot police and bomb the Parliament building to wage "holy war" and establish an Islamic state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says