Alleged bomb maker surrenders to Indonesia police
Jakarta: Authorities say an alleged bomb maker who fled his house during a raid has surrendered to police in Indonesia`s capital.
Jakarta police spokesman Col Rikwanto said on Monday that 32-year-old Muhammad Toriq gave himself up late Sunday. He says a belt of explosives was strapped to Toriq`s body when he surrendered, but he handed it over along with a gun and ammunition.
Toriq escaped after residents in western Jakarta rushed to his home last week as plumes of smoke shot up from it. Police later found explosive devices inside.
Toriq is believed to be linked to a militant group that planned to shoot police and bomb the Parliament building to wage "holy war" and establish an Islamic state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vivek Oberoi to be trained by Daniel Craig's trainer
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey