Alleged South Korean spy held in Pyongyang
Pyongyang: North Korea claimed to have arrested an alleged South Korean spy here Thursday.
A person, who was not identified, had confessed to being an agent with South Korea`s intelligence service, reported Xinhua citing a North Korean Ministry of State Security spokesperson.
"He confessed he is a South Korean who intruded into Pyongyang after illegally entering the DPRK (North Korea) from a third country," the official said.
He was engaged in anti-North Korean espionage and plotting activities against the state in a third country bordering North Korea for nearly six years. He had disguised himself as a religious devotee, a government news agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Beacon from Egypt crash detected, search narrows
- Leisure time! Akshay Kumar lazes around in sunshine before the grand release of 'Housefull 3'! – See pic
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Sachin Tendulkar's record remains unbroken; Alastair Cook misses out again
- Lanka's missing persons office lacked consultations: HRW
- Bihar Intermediate Arts Results 2016: BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared tomorrow on May 28