Alleged South Korean spy held in Pyongyang
Pyongyang: North Korea claimed to have arrested an alleged South Korean spy here Thursday.
A person, who was not identified, had confessed to being an agent with South Korea`s intelligence service, reported Xinhua citing a North Korean Ministry of State Security spokesperson.
"He confessed he is a South Korean who intruded into Pyongyang after illegally entering the DPRK (North Korea) from a third country," the official said.
He was engaged in anti-North Korean espionage and plotting activities against the state in a third country bordering North Korea for nearly six years. He had disguised himself as a religious devotee, a government news agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand