Alleged South Korean spy held in Pyongyang
Pyongyang: North Korea claimed to have arrested an alleged South Korean spy here Thursday.
A person, who was not identified, had confessed to being an agent with South Korea`s intelligence service, reported Xinhua citing a North Korean Ministry of State Security spokesperson.
"He confessed he is a South Korean who intruded into Pyongyang after illegally entering the DPRK (North Korea) from a third country," the official said.
He was engaged in anti-North Korean espionage and plotting activities against the state in a third country bordering North Korea for nearly six years. He had disguised himself as a religious devotee, a government news agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof