Alleged South Korean spy held in Pyongyang
Pyongyang: North Korea claimed to have arrested an alleged South Korean spy here Thursday.
A person, who was not identified, had confessed to being an agent with South Korea`s intelligence service, reported Xinhua citing a North Korean Ministry of State Security spokesperson.
"He confessed he is a South Korean who intruded into Pyongyang after illegally entering the DPRK (North Korea) from a third country," the official said.
He was engaged in anti-North Korean espionage and plotting activities against the state in a third country bordering North Korea for nearly six years. He had disguised himself as a religious devotee, a government news agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy