Alligator found in Florida man`s hot tub
New York: Officials in Florida who went to serve a drug-related warrant in a house made an unexpected discovery in the back yard - an alligator living in a hot tub.
Deputies were serving a warrant at a home in Vero Beach when they discovered the reptile in the hot tub.
The alligator was found floating in a blue plastic tub of sludgy water. "I believe this is probably the first time we`ve ever seen an alligator in a hot tub," Indian River County Sheriff`s spokesman Thomas Raulen told WTSP channel.
Wildlife officers removed the reptile from the house soon after its discovery on Tuesday. The man who lives in the house, Tony Wells Jr, said the gator was already there when he moved in last year - and he just continued feeding it chicken every day.
According to a website, a 26-year-old man in the house was arrested on a cocaine-related warrant, `New York Daily News` reported.
Wells, does not face drug charges but he was charged with possession of an alligator without a permit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter