American charged with Dubai handcuff theft jailed
Dubai: A Dubai court has slapped a one-month jail sentence on an American man on charges that he stole a pair of police handcuffs.
A judge in the city-state`s misdemeanour court read out the sentence in Adam Foster`s case on Thursday.
Foster`s lawyer Yousuf Hammad had urged the court to accept a lesser charge of finding and failing to report lost property, and had also argued for leniency.
The 30-year-old Foster says he found the handcuffs in a shopping mall parking lot.
Hammad said he is still waiting for court papers to be filed to get details of the court`s reasoning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress