American charged with Dubai handcuff theft jailed
Dubai: A Dubai court has slapped a one-month jail sentence on an American man on charges that he stole a pair of police handcuffs.
A judge in the city-state`s misdemeanour court read out the sentence in Adam Foster`s case on Thursday.
Foster`s lawyer Yousuf Hammad had urged the court to accept a lesser charge of finding and failing to report lost property, and had also argued for leniency.
The 30-year-old Foster says he found the handcuffs in a shopping mall parking lot.
Hammad said he is still waiting for court papers to be filed to get details of the court`s reasoning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state