American charged with Dubai handcuff theft jailed
Dubai: A Dubai court has slapped a one-month jail sentence on an American man on charges that he stole a pair of police handcuffs.
A judge in the city-state`s misdemeanour court read out the sentence in Adam Foster`s case on Thursday.
Foster`s lawyer Yousuf Hammad had urged the court to accept a lesser charge of finding and failing to report lost property, and had also argued for leniency.
The 30-year-old Foster says he found the handcuffs in a shopping mall parking lot.
Hammad said he is still waiting for court papers to be filed to get details of the court`s reasoning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?