American charged with Dubai handcuff theft jailed
Dubai: A Dubai court has slapped a one-month jail sentence on an American man on charges that he stole a pair of police handcuffs.
A judge in the city-state`s misdemeanour court read out the sentence in Adam Foster`s case on Thursday.
Foster`s lawyer Yousuf Hammad had urged the court to accept a lesser charge of finding and failing to report lost property, and had also argued for leniency.
The 30-year-old Foster says he found the handcuffs in a shopping mall parking lot.
Hammad said he is still waiting for court papers to be filed to get details of the court`s reasoning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH