American stabbed outside US Embassy in Cairo
Cairo: An Egyptian security official says an American national was attacked and stabbed outside the US Embassy in Cairo.
The official said an assailant attacked the American with a knife as he was standing in front of the embassy building in the Cairo suburb of Garden City on Thursday.
According to the official, the American was rushed to a nearby hospital. He said police arrested the attacker who is now being interrogated. The official spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorised to talk to the media.
Motives for the attack remained unclear. Crime has surged in Egypt, including armed robberies, rape and assaults, over the past two years since the 2011 uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption