American stabbed outside US Embassy in Cairo
Cairo: An Egyptian security official says an American national was attacked and stabbed outside the US Embassy in Cairo.
The official said an assailant attacked the American with a knife as he was standing in front of the embassy building in the Cairo suburb of Garden City on Thursday.
According to the official, the American was rushed to a nearby hospital. He said police arrested the attacker who is now being interrogated. The official spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorised to talk to the media.
Motives for the attack remained unclear. Crime has surged in Egypt, including armed robberies, rape and assaults, over the past two years since the 2011 uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test