American stabbed outside US Embassy in Cairo
Cairo: An Egyptian security official says an American national was attacked and stabbed outside the US Embassy in Cairo.
The official said an assailant attacked the American with a knife as he was standing in front of the embassy building in the Cairo suburb of Garden City on Thursday.
According to the official, the American was rushed to a nearby hospital. He said police arrested the attacker who is now being interrogated. The official spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorised to talk to the media.
Motives for the attack remained unclear. Crime has surged in Egypt, including armed robberies, rape and assaults, over the past two years since the 2011 uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter