American stabbed outside US Embassy in Cairo
Cairo: An Egyptian security official says an American national was attacked and stabbed outside the US Embassy in Cairo.
The official said an assailant attacked the American with a knife as he was standing in front of the embassy building in the Cairo suburb of Garden City on Thursday.
According to the official, the American was rushed to a nearby hospital. He said police arrested the attacker who is now being interrogated. The official spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorised to talk to the media.
Motives for the attack remained unclear. Crime has surged in Egypt, including armed robberies, rape and assaults, over the past two years since the 2011 uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love