American tourists kidnapped in Egypt
Cairo: Two American tourists and their Egyptian guide have been kidnapped in Egypt`s Sinai Peninsula, Xinhua reported.
The group was abducted 5 km away from Sadr al-Hitan district in Sinai by Bedouin people related to a tribe called Turabeen, a security official said.
The kidnappers took the three to an unknown desert location in a bid to press the Egyptian authorities to release a Bedouin jailed in a prison in Alexandria.
Security officials are mediating with the tribe`s leaders to release the kidnapped tourists.
This was the sixth kidnapping case in the area since February. A Singapore tourist was abducted by a group of masked gunmen in Sinai June 15.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate