American tourists kidnapped in Egypt
Cairo: Two American tourists and their Egyptian guide have been kidnapped in Egypt`s Sinai Peninsula, Xinhua reported.
The group was abducted 5 km away from Sadr al-Hitan district in Sinai by Bedouin people related to a tribe called Turabeen, a security official said.
The kidnappers took the three to an unknown desert location in a bid to press the Egyptian authorities to release a Bedouin jailed in a prison in Alexandria.
Security officials are mediating with the tribe`s leaders to release the kidnapped tourists.
This was the sixth kidnapping case in the area since February. A Singapore tourist was abducted by a group of masked gunmen in Sinai June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered