American tourists kidnapped in Egypt
Cairo: Two American tourists and their Egyptian guide have been kidnapped in Egypt`s Sinai Peninsula, Xinhua reported.
The group was abducted 5 km away from Sadr al-Hitan district in Sinai by Bedouin people related to a tribe called Turabeen, a security official said.
The kidnappers took the three to an unknown desert location in a bid to press the Egyptian authorities to release a Bedouin jailed in a prison in Alexandria.
Security officials are mediating with the tribe`s leaders to release the kidnapped tourists.
This was the sixth kidnapping case in the area since February. A Singapore tourist was abducted by a group of masked gunmen in Sinai June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?