American tourists kidnapped in Egypt
Cairo: Two American tourists and their Egyptian guide have been kidnapped in Egypt`s Sinai Peninsula, Xinhua reported.
The group was abducted 5 km away from Sadr al-Hitan district in Sinai by Bedouin people related to a tribe called Turabeen, a security official said.
The kidnappers took the three to an unknown desert location in a bid to press the Egyptian authorities to release a Bedouin jailed in a prison in Alexandria.
Security officials are mediating with the tribe`s leaders to release the kidnapped tourists.
This was the sixth kidnapping case in the area since February. A Singapore tourist was abducted by a group of masked gunmen in Sinai June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video