American tourists kidnapped in Egypt
Cairo: Two American tourists and their Egyptian guide have been kidnapped in Egypt`s Sinai Peninsula, Xinhua reported.
The group was abducted 5 km away from Sadr al-Hitan district in Sinai by Bedouin people related to a tribe called Turabeen, a security official said.
The kidnappers took the three to an unknown desert location in a bid to press the Egyptian authorities to release a Bedouin jailed in a prison in Alexandria.
Security officials are mediating with the tribe`s leaders to release the kidnapped tourists.
This was the sixth kidnapping case in the area since February. A Singapore tourist was abducted by a group of masked gunmen in Sinai June 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra