Americans divided over NSA whistleblower Snowden`s actions
Washington: Americans are divided over NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden`s action of releasing classified documents about U.S. surveillance programs, a new poll has found.
According to the HuffPost/YouGov poll, nearly 38 percent of Americans think that Snowden did the wrong thing as compared to 33 percent said who said he did the right thing.
Another HuffPost/YouGov poll conducted just after Snowden revealed his identity publicly found that 38 percent said Snowden did the right thing and only 35 percent said he did the wrong thing.
According to the Huffington Post, in the new poll, Democrats said that Snowden did the wrong thing by a 46 percent to 26 percent margin, while independents said that he did the right thing by a 40 percent to 28 percent margin.
According to the new survey, 51 percent of Americans now said they`ve heard a lot about Snowden, while 38 percent said they`ve heard a little and only 11 percent said they`ve heard nothing at all.
Nearly 48 percent of respondents said that they support prosecuting Snowden for his actions, as compared to 33 percent who were opposed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy