Americans losing confidence in Obama: Poll
Washington: A new poll says that Americans, concerned over the future of health care reform and anxious about the growing federal budget deficit, are losing faith in President Barack Obama.
The Washington Post-ABC News survey found that less that half of Americans — 49 percent — say they believe the President will make the right decisions for the country. That`s down from 60 percent at the 100-day mark of the Obama presidency.
The poll published on Friday says Obama`s overall approval is 57 percent, 12 points lower than it was at its peak in April. Fifty-three percent disapprove of the way he`s handling the budget deficit and his approval on health care continues to deteriorate.
The national survey was conducted from August 13-17 and has a sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test