Americans prefer Obama as babysitter: Poll
Washington: Americans would prefer President Barack Obama as a babysitter for their children but rate him and his Republican rival Mitt Romney equally as hypothetical employees, according to some off-beat questions in a voter survey.
Asked which of the two men they would prefer to have as the captain if they were aboard a ship in a storm, 48 percent of respondents in the Washington Post-ABC News poll said they would rather have Obama at the helm, compared to 44 percent for Romney.
And when it comes to which of the two contenders would be more likely to go bungee jumping, a majority - 60 percent - of the people questioned in the random sample of 1,252 adults said that would be Obama, compared to just 21 percent for Romney.
The poll was conducted by phone from Oct 10 to 13. The US presidential election will be held Nov 6.
In response to the question: "If you ran a company, who would you rather have as an employee, Obama or Romney?" the two men garnered equal support of 46 percent.
However, 56 percent said they found Obama "honest and trustworthy" while just 45 percent said those terms applied to Romney.
Regardless of who they plan to vote for, 60 percent said Obama seems the more "friendly" and "likeable" person, but his supporters are not as enthusiastic as Romney`s.
Of those backing Romney, 59 percent say they are "very enthusiastic".
In terms of whom they would actually vote for if the presidential election were held today, 49 percent voiced support for Obama and 46 percent for Romney - a statistic that confirmed trends seen in other recent polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25