Americans ‘unlikely to cast vote’ favour Obama
Washington: Americans, who are eligible to vote, but are unlikely to do so in the November 06 Presidential Election, would support President Barack Obama over Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney, if they cast vote, a new poll has revealed.
According to the USA Today/Suffolk University Poll, 43 percent of non-voters support Obama, while only 20 percent of the non-voters support Romney.
“This poll is a good news-bad news story for Barack Obama,” Politico quoted poll director David Paleologos, as saying in a statement.
“The good news is that there is a treasure chest of voters he doesn’t even have to persuade — they already like him and dislike Mitt Romney. He just needs to unlock the chest and get them out to vote,” Paleologos said.
“The bad news is that these people won’t vote because they feel beaten down by empty promises, a bad economy and the negativity of both parties. Obama has lost time — and the key — to open that treasure chest,” the report quoted Paleologos, as saying.
Eighty million Americans, 40 percent of the possible eligible electorate, will not vote during this year’s Election Day. And 59 percent of them said that there’s no point, since nothing ever gets done and politicians continue to make empty promises, according to the poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble