America`s National Christmas Tree dead!
Washington: America`s National Christmas Tree planted near the White House has died due to complications from "transplant shock."
The National Park Service said that it removed the Colorado blue spruce from the White House grounds yesterday.
The Colorado blue spruce died of "transplant shock," it said.
The tree replaced one that had stood on the Ellipse since 1978 but was destroyed during a wind storm in February 2011.
The Park Service said it always has a replacement tree lined up to make sure one is in place for the annual National Christmas Tree Lighting event held each December.
The new tree is also a Colorado spruce but will not be planted until late October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'