America’s NRA calls Obama `elitist hypocrite`
Washington: America`s powerful pro-gun National Rifle Association (NRA) has described US President Barack Obama as an "elitist hypocrite" for providing Secret Service protection to his daughters but saying he was "skeptical" about deploying armed guards in schools.
The 35-second provocative television ad was released by the NRA ahead of Obama`s proposed announcement on gun control to prevent the shootouts like the one in a Connecticut school last month that killed 26 people including 20 students.
"Are the president`s kids more important than yours?" the ad asks and criticises Obama for saying he is "skeptical" that armed security is the solution to violence in schools.
"Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools, when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school," the ad says.
"Obama demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes," the narrator says.
"But he is just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security. Protection for their kids and gun-free zones for ours," he adds.
NRA has been campaigning against any gun control measures arguing that this is enshrined in the constitution.
In fact it has suggested keeping armed guards in schools to prevent the incidents like Connecticut school shooting.
Following the incident, Obama tasked Vice President Joe Biden to work on proposals that can reduce such deadly attacks. Biden submitted his proposals yesterday.
Obama is scheduled to come out with his proposals later today which among others includes back ground check.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far