America’s NRA calls Obama `elitist hypocrite`
Washington: America`s powerful pro-gun National Rifle Association (NRA) has described US President Barack Obama as an "elitist hypocrite" for providing Secret Service protection to his daughters but saying he was "skeptical" about deploying armed guards in schools.
The 35-second provocative television ad was released by the NRA ahead of Obama`s proposed announcement on gun control to prevent the shootouts like the one in a Connecticut school last month that killed 26 people including 20 students.
"Are the president`s kids more important than yours?" the ad asks and criticises Obama for saying he is "skeptical" that armed security is the solution to violence in schools.
"Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools, when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school," the ad says.
"Obama demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes," the narrator says.
"But he is just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security. Protection for their kids and gun-free zones for ours," he adds.
NRA has been campaigning against any gun control measures arguing that this is enshrined in the constitution.
In fact it has suggested keeping armed guards in schools to prevent the incidents like Connecticut school shooting.
Following the incident, Obama tasked Vice President Joe Biden to work on proposals that can reduce such deadly attacks. Biden submitted his proposals yesterday.
Obama is scheduled to come out with his proposals later today which among others includes back ground check.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city