America’s NRA calls Obama `elitist hypocrite`
Washington: America`s powerful pro-gun National Rifle Association (NRA) has described US President Barack Obama as an "elitist hypocrite" for providing Secret Service protection to his daughters but saying he was "skeptical" about deploying armed guards in schools.
The 35-second provocative television ad was released by the NRA ahead of Obama`s proposed announcement on gun control to prevent the shootouts like the one in a Connecticut school last month that killed 26 people including 20 students.
"Are the president`s kids more important than yours?" the ad asks and criticises Obama for saying he is "skeptical" that armed security is the solution to violence in schools.
"Then why is he skeptical about putting armed security in our schools, when his kids are protected by armed guards at their school," the ad says.
"Obama demands the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes," the narrator says.
"But he is just another elitist hypocrite when it comes to a fair share of security. Protection for their kids and gun-free zones for ours," he adds.
NRA has been campaigning against any gun control measures arguing that this is enshrined in the constitution.
In fact it has suggested keeping armed guards in schools to prevent the incidents like Connecticut school shooting.
Following the incident, Obama tasked Vice President Joe Biden to work on proposals that can reduce such deadly attacks. Biden submitted his proposals yesterday.
Obama is scheduled to come out with his proposals later today which among others includes back ground check.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks