Amplats reinstates 12,000 South African strikers
Johannesburg: A spokeswoman for Anglo American Platinum (Amplats) says the company has agreed to reinstate 12,000 workers dismissed earlier this month for staging a wildcat strike.
Mpumi Sithole said today the workers had until Tuesday to return to their jobs. She said they will return on the same terms and conditions of employment as before they went on strike.
Sithole said that a meeting yesterday of "all parties expressed commitment for a return to work in the interests of the employees, their livelihoods and the company."
Amplats` announcement came on the day South Africa`s trade federation staged a march in support of the fired workers in Rustenburg.
If the Amplats miners return to work, it would bring an end to labor unrest that damaged South Africa`s reputation as an investment destination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing