Anarchist groups claim sending bomb to Italian daily
Rome: Two anarchist outfits have claimed responsibility for a parcel bomb delivered to the offices of the La Stampa newspaper in Italy`s Turin city.
In a letter sent to the Secolo XIX daily in Genova, the Informal Anarchist Federation (FAI) and the International Revolutionary Front said they had sent the bomb to the newspaper`s office.
The letter called La Stampa "an organ of the regime" and termed journalists as "hacks".
The groups also claimed responsibility for a letter bomb sent to a police investigative agency in the northern city of Brescia.
The letter, published on Secolo XIX`s website, referred to Roberto Adinolfi, chief executive of Italian nuclear power company Ansaldo.
"We targeted those providing the technology of repression, who are guilty of evil and causing suffering, like the lousy moneygrubber Adinolfi," it read.
Anti-terrorist police investigating the message said that the parcel bomb was "dedicated" to two FAI members, Alfredo Cospito and Nicola Gai, who were arrested in September for shooting Adinolfi in the leg.
La Stampa`s offices were evacuated after police said the package was not a hoax and only failed to explode due to an electrical fault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections