Anarchist groups claim sending bomb to Italian daily
Rome: Two anarchist outfits have claimed responsibility for a parcel bomb delivered to the offices of the La Stampa newspaper in Italy`s Turin city.
In a letter sent to the Secolo XIX daily in Genova, the Informal Anarchist Federation (FAI) and the International Revolutionary Front said they had sent the bomb to the newspaper`s office.
The letter called La Stampa "an organ of the regime" and termed journalists as "hacks".
The groups also claimed responsibility for a letter bomb sent to a police investigative agency in the northern city of Brescia.
The letter, published on Secolo XIX`s website, referred to Roberto Adinolfi, chief executive of Italian nuclear power company Ansaldo.
"We targeted those providing the technology of repression, who are guilty of evil and causing suffering, like the lousy moneygrubber Adinolfi," it read.
Anti-terrorist police investigating the message said that the parcel bomb was "dedicated" to two FAI members, Alfredo Cospito and Nicola Gai, who were arrested in September for shooting Adinolfi in the leg.
La Stampa`s offices were evacuated after police said the package was not a hoax and only failed to explode due to an electrical fault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams