Anastasiades wins Cyprus Presidential Election: Survey
Nicosia: Nicos Anastasiades, a Cypriot right-wing party leader, won the Presidential Election on Sunday with 51.1 percent of the ballot tickets in his favour, a survey by state broadcaster said.
According to the survey conducted by state broadcaster Cyprus Broadcasting Corporation, Anastasiades was leading by 51.1 percent, compared to 27.3 percent for leftist candidate Stavros Malas and 18 percent for independent candidate George Lillikas, Xinhua reported.
If the exit polls are confirmed, Anastasiades will be declared as the seventh president of the Cyprus Republic, taking office on March 01.
Anastasiades, leader of the Democratic Rally party who is also supported by the Democratic Party, the island`s third largest political grouping, was widely expected to emerge the winner.
Meanwhile, the winner will face pressing problems left behind by outgoing President Demetris Christofias who did not run for a second term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday