Anders Breivik is what Norway deserves: Millet
London: Respected French writer Richard Millet has sparked off controversy by saying that mass killer Anders Breivik, who killed nearly 77 people in a shooting rampage last year, was ‘what Norway deserved’.
Millet, who says he has read all 1,500 pages of Breivik’s online manifesto, praised the right-wing extremists writing and cry of hatred for social democracy, immigration and multiculturalism.
According to the Telegraph, Millet insisted that he does not approve of the Norwegian gunman’s crimes.
“Breivik is without doubt what Norway deserves,” wrote Millet in an 18-page pamphlet.
“He is as much a child of a broken family as of an ideological and racial fracture caused by immigration from outside Europe over the last 20 years,” Millet added.
His writing about Breivik sparked consternation in the literary circles, with one author calling the text “a politically dangerous act”.
According to the paper, another author criticised Millet for his views, saying ‘he has lost his head.’
Breivik was recently sentenced to 21 years in prison for killing 77 people in a bomb attack and deadly shooting rampage in Oslo on July 22, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea applies for bail, says her medical condition 'deteriorating'