Anders Breivik is what Norway deserves: Millet
London: Respected French writer Richard Millet has sparked off controversy by saying that mass killer Anders Breivik, who killed nearly 77 people in a shooting rampage last year, was ‘what Norway deserved’.
Millet, who says he has read all 1,500 pages of Breivik’s online manifesto, praised the right-wing extremists writing and cry of hatred for social democracy, immigration and multiculturalism.
According to the Telegraph, Millet insisted that he does not approve of the Norwegian gunman’s crimes.
“Breivik is without doubt what Norway deserves,” wrote Millet in an 18-page pamphlet.
“He is as much a child of a broken family as of an ideological and racial fracture caused by immigration from outside Europe over the last 20 years,” Millet added.
His writing about Breivik sparked consternation in the literary circles, with one author calling the text “a politically dangerous act”.
According to the paper, another author criticised Millet for his views, saying ‘he has lost his head.’
Breivik was recently sentenced to 21 years in prison for killing 77 people in a bomb attack and deadly shooting rampage in Oslo on July 22, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore