Angelina Jolie in Jordan to visit Syrian refugees
Washington: Actress Angelina Jolie is in Jordan to visit Syrians who fled the civil war in their country, the UN refugee agency has said
UNHCR spokesman Ali Bebe said Jolie, the agency’s special envoy, arrived on Monday and will visit Jordan`s first tent city for Syrian refugees on Tuesday.
According to CBS News, Jolie will be accompanied by UN refugee chief Antonio Guterres and Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh on the visit to the Zatari camp.
The camp hosts nearly 27,000 Syrians displaced by the 18-month uprising against President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.
The UNHCR in April promoted Jolie from serving as its goodwill ambassador to special envoy due to her work for the agency.
Jolie has contributed USD five million to UN efforts aiding refugees worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?