Angelina Jolie in Jordan to visit Syrian refugees
Washington: Actress Angelina Jolie is in Jordan to visit Syrians who fled the civil war in their country, the UN refugee agency has said
UNHCR spokesman Ali Bebe said Jolie, the agency’s special envoy, arrived on Monday and will visit Jordan`s first tent city for Syrian refugees on Tuesday.
According to CBS News, Jolie will be accompanied by UN refugee chief Antonio Guterres and Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh on the visit to the Zatari camp.
The camp hosts nearly 27,000 Syrians displaced by the 18-month uprising against President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.
The UNHCR in April promoted Jolie from serving as its goodwill ambassador to special envoy due to her work for the agency.
Jolie has contributed USD five million to UN efforts aiding refugees worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'