Angelina Jolie in Jordan to visit Syrian refugees
Washington: Actress Angelina Jolie is in Jordan to visit Syrians who fled the civil war in their country, the UN refugee agency has said
UNHCR spokesman Ali Bebe said Jolie, the agency’s special envoy, arrived on Monday and will visit Jordan`s first tent city for Syrian refugees on Tuesday.
According to CBS News, Jolie will be accompanied by UN refugee chief Antonio Guterres and Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh on the visit to the Zatari camp.
The camp hosts nearly 27,000 Syrians displaced by the 18-month uprising against President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.
The UNHCR in April promoted Jolie from serving as its goodwill ambassador to special envoy due to her work for the agency.
Jolie has contributed USD five million to UN efforts aiding refugees worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police