Angelina Jolie in Jordan to visit Syrian refugees
Washington: Actress Angelina Jolie is in Jordan to visit Syrians who fled the civil war in their country, the UN refugee agency has said
UNHCR spokesman Ali Bebe said Jolie, the agency’s special envoy, arrived on Monday and will visit Jordan`s first tent city for Syrian refugees on Tuesday.
According to CBS News, Jolie will be accompanied by UN refugee chief Antonio Guterres and Jordanian Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh on the visit to the Zatari camp.
The camp hosts nearly 27,000 Syrians displaced by the 18-month uprising against President Bashar al-Assad’s regime.
The UNHCR in April promoted Jolie from serving as its goodwill ambassador to special envoy due to her work for the agency.
Jolie has contributed USD five million to UN efforts aiding refugees worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?