Angelina Jolie urges leaders to make Syria diplomacy work
Zaatari (Jordan): Hollywood star Angelina Jolie says the Syrian civil war is the world`s most acute humanitarian crisis and is calling on world leaders to make diplomatic efforts to end it succeed.
Jolie spoke at Jordan`s largest camp for Syrian refugees on Thursday, which she visited as special envoy for the United Nations refugee agency.
"I appeal to the world leaders - please, set aside your differences, unite to end the violence, and make diplomacy succeed," she said, drawing attention to the UN`s World Refugee Day.
Jordan hosts more than half a million displaced Syrians including 185,000 in Zaatari camp, which Jolie visited along with UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres and Norwegian Foreign Affairs Minister Espen Barth Eide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics