Angelina Jolie urges leaders to make Syria diplomacy work
Zaatari (Jordan): Hollywood star Angelina Jolie says the Syrian civil war is the world`s most acute humanitarian crisis and is calling on world leaders to make diplomatic efforts to end it succeed.
Jolie spoke at Jordan`s largest camp for Syrian refugees on Thursday, which she visited as special envoy for the United Nations refugee agency.
"I appeal to the world leaders - please, set aside your differences, unite to end the violence, and make diplomacy succeed," she said, drawing attention to the UN`s World Refugee Day.
Jordan hosts more than half a million displaced Syrians including 185,000 in Zaatari camp, which Jolie visited along with UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres and Norwegian Foreign Affairs Minister Espen Barth Eide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today