Angelina Jolie urges leaders to make Syria diplomacy work
Zaatari (Jordan): Hollywood star Angelina Jolie says the Syrian civil war is the world`s most acute humanitarian crisis and is calling on world leaders to make diplomatic efforts to end it succeed.
Jolie spoke at Jordan`s largest camp for Syrian refugees on Thursday, which she visited as special envoy for the United Nations refugee agency.
"I appeal to the world leaders - please, set aside your differences, unite to end the violence, and make diplomacy succeed," she said, drawing attention to the UN`s World Refugee Day.
Jordan hosts more than half a million displaced Syrians including 185,000 in Zaatari camp, which Jolie visited along with UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres and Norwegian Foreign Affairs Minister Espen Barth Eide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack