Angelina Jolie urges leaders to make Syria diplomacy work
Zaatari (Jordan): Hollywood star Angelina Jolie says the Syrian civil war is the world`s most acute humanitarian crisis and is calling on world leaders to make diplomatic efforts to end it succeed.
Jolie spoke at Jordan`s largest camp for Syrian refugees on Thursday, which she visited as special envoy for the United Nations refugee agency.
"I appeal to the world leaders - please, set aside your differences, unite to end the violence, and make diplomacy succeed," she said, drawing attention to the UN`s World Refugee Day.
Jordan hosts more than half a million displaced Syrians including 185,000 in Zaatari camp, which Jolie visited along with UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonio Guterres and Norwegian Foreign Affairs Minister Espen Barth Eide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui