Angelina Jolie visits Syrian refugees in Turkey
Ankara: Hollywood star and UN goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie on Thursday visited two Syrian refugee camps in Turkey.
Accompanied by UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonia Guterres, Jolie met some of the 12,000 refugees at Oncupinar camp in Kilis city. She also joined the Syrian children who were singing in Turkish, Xinhua reported.
Jolie also visited Gaziantep province`s Islahiye tent city, sheltering nearly 8,000 Syrians who fled the relentless violence that has engulfed Syria for 18 months.
The Syrian crisis has forced some 235,000 Syrians to flee to neighbouring countries, according to official UN figures.
Jolie and Guterres were in Lebanon on Wednesday where they discussed the Syrian refugee issue with Lebanese officials and met the Syrians seeking shelters in the neighbouring country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest