Angelina Jolie visits Syrian refugees in Turkey
Ankara: Hollywood star and UN goodwill ambassador Angelina Jolie on Thursday visited two Syrian refugee camps in Turkey.
Accompanied by UN High Commissioner for Refugees Antonia Guterres, Jolie met some of the 12,000 refugees at Oncupinar camp in Kilis city. She also joined the Syrian children who were singing in Turkish, Xinhua reported.
Jolie also visited Gaziantep province`s Islahiye tent city, sheltering nearly 8,000 Syrians who fled the relentless violence that has engulfed Syria for 18 months.
The Syrian crisis has forced some 235,000 Syrians to flee to neighbouring countries, according to official UN figures.
Jolie and Guterres were in Lebanon on Wednesday where they discussed the Syrian refugee issue with Lebanese officials and met the Syrians seeking shelters in the neighbouring country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation