Angolan diplomat robbed in Rome
Rome: Two young female pickpockets- reportedly Roma gypsies- stole 3,000 euros from an Angolan diplomat in the Italian capital, and one of them managed to escape with the cash.
One of two Roma gypsy women seized a wad of banknotes wrapped in plastic from the diplomat`s trouser pocket on the via del Tritone shopping street, police said.
The diplomat - who was not named - carried out a citizen`s arrest on the other Roma gypsy, named as 19-year-old Dana Osmanovic, who tried to grab the envoy`s shoulder-bag.
But as the diplomat held Osmanovic in an arm-lock, her accomplice allegedly reached into his pocket and grabbed the 3,000 euros before running away.
Police arrested Osmanovic, who faces charges of complicity in aggravated robbery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Barack Obama confirms death of Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour, says chance for peace
- After buyout, this company will be world`s biggest agricultural supplier
- Material that can help develop new computing technologies developed!
- In this spectacular temple complex, you will find a hall with ‘thousand’ pillars!
- Poll defeat triggers infighting in Congress? Now, Satyavrat Chaturvedi attacks Digvijaya Singh