Angolan diplomat robbed in Rome
Rome: Two young female pickpockets- reportedly Roma gypsies- stole 3,000 euros from an Angolan diplomat in the Italian capital, and one of them managed to escape with the cash.
One of two Roma gypsy women seized a wad of banknotes wrapped in plastic from the diplomat`s trouser pocket on the via del Tritone shopping street, police said.
The diplomat - who was not named - carried out a citizen`s arrest on the other Roma gypsy, named as 19-year-old Dana Osmanovic, who tried to grab the envoy`s shoulder-bag.
But as the diplomat held Osmanovic in an arm-lock, her accomplice allegedly reached into his pocket and grabbed the 3,000 euros before running away.
Police arrested Osmanovic, who faces charges of complicity in aggravated robbery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice