Angry with Peru, Maduro calls home ambassador
Caracas: President Nicolas Maduro has responded angrily to a call by Peru`s foreign minister for tolerance and dialogue in Venezuela, saying he will recall his ambassador for consultations.
The Peruvian diplomat, Rafael Roncagliolo, also called on the Union of South American Nations, of which his country is acting president, to issue a statement urging Maduro to exercise tolerance.
Maduro said yesterday that Roncagliolo`s statement showed a "lack of respect" for Venezuelan democracy.
Two Venezuelan opposition leaders were in Lima this week to brief officials about a fistfight in Venezuela`s parliament that broke out after its speaker tried to bar opposition lawmakers unless they recognize Maduro`s election. The opposition claims it was attacked.
It contends Maduro stole the April 14 presidential election from opposition candidate Henrique Capriles, a charge Maduro denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you