Anni Dewani sent `unhappy marriage` texts to cousin before death’
London: The BBC documentary about the Shrien Dewani honeymoon murder case, aimed at questioning the police investigation, has reportedly revealed that murdered wife Anni sent texts to her cousin expressing her disappointment with the marriage.
The texts are the first pieces of evidence to publicly emerge from the South African police files, as acquired by the BBC team.
Anni had sent text messages to her cousin Sneha, reveal her unwillingness to marry Shrien five weeks prior to the wedding, and in other texts, sent three days before her death, she said she did not feel happy at all, the Daily Express reports.
The BBC team revealed the texts along with disturbing surveillance camera images from the couple`s hotel in Cape Town, in which Shrien is shown making bizarre gun gesture at Anni the night before her murder.
Meanwhile, Anni`s family has slammed the BBC Panorama investigation, which claims to have uncovered evidence that could clear Shrien of the charges.
Anni`s uncle, Ashok Hindocha in his letter to the BBC director general Tony Hall registered the family`s disgust on the channel`s programme and said that the family has no knowledge or is involved in the programme.
A BBC spokesman said that they understand that the programme may be difficult viewing forAnni`s family and have approached it sensitively adding that if the Hindocha family wishes to issue a statement then they would reflect their position in the programme, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'