`Anonymous` attacks Chicago govt websites
Washington: US authorities are investigating a possible cyber attack against government websites in Chicago, where the NATO Summit is taking place, according to a report.
A posting on the website cyberwarnews.info said the notorious hacking group Anonymous started ‘an operation toward the Chicago police department and its websites.’
“We are actively engaged in actions against the Chicago Police Department [sic], and encourage anyone to take up the cause,” the group said.
“We are in your harbour Chicago, and you will not forget us,” it added.
According to CBS News, the group said the attack was in response to the NATO Summit being held in Chicago.
Meanwhile, Office of Emergency Management and Communications spokesman Pete Scales said that they are working with appropriate authorities to address the issue.
“We are aware of the potential issue of the City of Chicago website and are working with the appropriate federal authorities to address the situation,” the report quoted Scales, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player