`Anonymous` attacks Chicago govt websites
Washington: US authorities are investigating a possible cyber attack against government websites in Chicago, where the NATO Summit is taking place, according to a report.
A posting on the website cyberwarnews.info said the notorious hacking group Anonymous started ‘an operation toward the Chicago police department and its websites.’
“We are actively engaged in actions against the Chicago Police Department [sic], and encourage anyone to take up the cause,” the group said.
“We are in your harbour Chicago, and you will not forget us,” it added.
According to CBS News, the group said the attack was in response to the NATO Summit being held in Chicago.
Meanwhile, Office of Emergency Management and Communications spokesman Pete Scales said that they are working with appropriate authorities to address the issue.
“We are aware of the potential issue of the City of Chicago website and are working with the appropriate federal authorities to address the situation,” the report quoted Scales, as saying.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev