`Anonymous` attacks Chicago govt websites
Washington: US authorities are investigating a possible cyber attack against government websites in Chicago, where the NATO Summit is taking place, according to a report.
A posting on the website cyberwarnews.info said the notorious hacking group Anonymous started ‘an operation toward the Chicago police department and its websites.’
“We are actively engaged in actions against the Chicago Police Department [sic], and encourage anyone to take up the cause,” the group said.
“We are in your harbour Chicago, and you will not forget us,” it added.
According to CBS News, the group said the attack was in response to the NATO Summit being held in Chicago.
Meanwhile, Office of Emergency Management and Communications spokesman Pete Scales said that they are working with appropriate authorities to address the issue.
“We are aware of the potential issue of the City of Chicago website and are working with the appropriate federal authorities to address the situation,” the report quoted Scales, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Sensex firms up 78 points in early trade on F&O expiry
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM