`Anonymous` attacks Chicago govt websites
Washington: US authorities are investigating a possible cyber attack against government websites in Chicago, where the NATO Summit is taking place, according to a report.
A posting on the website cyberwarnews.info said the notorious hacking group Anonymous started ‘an operation toward the Chicago police department and its websites.’
“We are actively engaged in actions against the Chicago Police Department [sic], and encourage anyone to take up the cause,” the group said.
“We are in your harbour Chicago, and you will not forget us,” it added.
According to CBS News, the group said the attack was in response to the NATO Summit being held in Chicago.
Meanwhile, Office of Emergency Management and Communications spokesman Pete Scales said that they are working with appropriate authorities to address the issue.
“We are aware of the potential issue of the City of Chicago website and are working with the appropriate federal authorities to address the situation,” the report quoted Scales, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday