‘Anonymous’ officially declares `war on terror`
Sydney: Hacktivist group Anonymous has officially declared a war on terror after hacking into the accounts of a Middle Eastern bank.
The group threatened to unleash "global internet destruction" unless the Dahabshiil bank admitted to financing terrorist groups.
The hacking group has reportedly published thousands of bank account names and numbers and is threatening to destroy the bank’s electronic systems if it does not publicly acknowledge that it helped terrorist groups such as al Qaeda and Al-Shabaab.
“We officially declare War on Terror,” News.com.au quoted the group as writing on tech blog, Slashdot.
“This is a call for actions of monitoring and/or destruction of companies and institutions that do work with terrorists, rogue countries, etc,” it added.
In the announcement, the group claimed it is not a terrorist organisation, and that it was just "fed up with the fact our society is losing time".
The group claimed that the WikiLeaks documents had revealed that the Dahabshiil bank had provided direct financial support to al Qaeda, Al Wafa and other terrorist organisations, as it posted documents on Google Plus, which highlighted the associations with other banking networks including Barclay`s in the UK and Ernst & Young in the US.
The bank has been given a deadline of two months, by the group, to come forward or expect a "global Internet destruction".
"If you want us to immediately stop this cyber-sabotage, it`s quite easy. We just ask you to stop lying, to recognise your help with Somalia terror, and to officially change your behaviour. We need a public message from you, as a proof,” Anonymous wrote.
The bank has not yet released any statements on its website as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Meghalaya Board SSLC Results 2016: megresults.nic.in, www.mbose.in; Tura Result 2016, MBOSE Class 10 Examination Result 2016 to be declared today at 10 am
- Mbose.in HSSLC SSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (Megresults.nic.in) MBOSE Tura 10th 12th (Arts) board exam results 2016 to be announced today on May 25
- Mahresult.nic.in 12th HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: Hscresult.mkcl.org MSBSHSE HSC Class 12th XII (+2) Results 2016 to be declared today on May 25 at 1 PM
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM