Another arrest in UK phone-hacking row?
London: A 42-year-old woman was on Monday arrested by the police on suspicion of money-laundering offences in connection with the phone-hacking scandal, bringing the number of arrests in the case to 25.
The Scotland Yard said that the unnamed woman was arrested by appointment at a south-west London police station by police detectives from Operation Weeting, which is investigating the allegations of phone-hacking.
Scotland Yard said in a statement: "A 42-year-old woman was arrested this morning by officers from Operation Weeting, the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) investigation into the hacking of voicemail boxes".
It added that she was arrested after attending a south-west London police station by appointment on suspicion of money laundering offences and is being questioned.
Scotland Yard confirmed that the woman is the first to be held on suspicion of money laundering offences as part of its Operation Weeting probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31