Another arrest in UK phone-hacking row?
London: A 42-year-old woman was on Monday arrested by the police on suspicion of money-laundering offences in connection with the phone-hacking scandal, bringing the number of arrests in the case to 25.
The Scotland Yard said that the unnamed woman was arrested by appointment at a south-west London police station by police detectives from Operation Weeting, which is investigating the allegations of phone-hacking.
Scotland Yard said in a statement: "A 42-year-old woman was arrested this morning by officers from Operation Weeting, the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) investigation into the hacking of voicemail boxes".
It added that she was arrested after attending a south-west London police station by appointment on suspicion of money laundering offences and is being questioned.
Scotland Yard confirmed that the woman is the first to be held on suspicion of money laundering offences as part of its Operation Weeting probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users