Another Bush joins political bandwagon in US
Houston: Carrying forward the legacy, George P Bush, member of the Bush family which has seen two of its members elected as presidents of the US, has joined the political bandwagon as he filed paperwork to run for Texas land commissioner in 2014.
He is the grandson of George H W Bush and nephew of George W Bush, the 41st and 43rd presidents of the US respectively.
George, a lawyer and real estate investor, will face his first political race for which he filed the papers on Tuesday.
The move is not entirely unexpected as George`s father, former Florida governor Jeb Bush, told his supporters in a fund-raising pitch sent in November that George was looking at the land commissioner`s office, which is viewed as a steppingstone to higher office in Texas.
In a YouTube video, George mentioned that his grandmother and former first lady Barbara Bush, has stressed on "the importance of public service".
George, whose mother is a naturalised citizen from Mexico, is fluent in Spanish, and is seen as a rising political star who has won praise for outreaching to the Hispanics.
Much of his outreaching acts have been through two political action committees -- Hispanic Republicans of Texas and MAVPAC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you