Another firebomb found near Berlin train tracks
Berlin: German police say they have found another firebomb set to go off next to train tracks in southwest Berlin.
Federal police spokesman Meik Gauer said on Thursday that experts were on hand to defuse the device.
Sixteen firebombs have been found in nine locations since Monday and hundreds of trains have been delayed because of partial shutdowns, but there have been no injuries. Two have gone off — one damaging a track west of the city and another igniting but not exploding in Berlin with little effect.
Gauer says it is not known when the most recent bomb was placed — and authorities have said that all of the devices could have been planted at the same time over the weekend.
A previously unknown leftist group has claimed responsibility for one of the firebombs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official