Another Indo-American elevated to key post in US
Washington: Indian American lawyer Preeta
Bansal, who was an adviser to Barack Obama`s presidential
campaign before serving in the administration, has been
appointed to a key administration post.
Preeta Bansal has been appointed Member of the Advisory
Council of the Administrative Conference of the United States,
the White House said in a statement, which also announced the
appointment of Boris Bershteyn to the same position.
"I am proud to appoint such impressive individuals to
these important roles, and I am grateful they have agreed to
lend their considerable talents to this Administration.
"I look forward to working with them in the months and
years ahead," Obama said in a statement.
A rising Democratic rising star, Bansal served as the
General Counsel and Senior Policy Advisor for the Office of
Management and Budget from 2009 to 2011.
In that capacity, she was also a government member of the
Council of the Administrative Conference of the US, serving as
Vice Chair from 2010 until 2011.
She is a Henry Crown Fellow at the Aspen Institute and a
member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
Bansal, who studied at the Harvard Law School, has earlier
served as an adviser to Obama`s presidential campaign.
Prior to joining the Obama Administration, she was a
Partner and Head of the Appellate Litigation Practice at
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher and Flom, LLP, in New York City.
She is the former Solicitor General of the State of New
York and a former law clerk to US Supreme Court Justice John
From 2003 to 2009, while in private law practice, Bansal
also was a Commissioner of the bipartisan United States
Commission on International Religious Freedom, serving as its
Chair from 2004 to 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!