Another journalist held in UK hacking probe
London: A 33-year-old journalist was on Friday arrested as part of an operation related to phone-hacking at the News of the World, called Operation Tuleta, British police said.
Scotland Yard said that the journalist was arrested for alleged hacking of stolen mobile phones in south London.
The man was held after going to a police station in south London by appointment.
He was arrested on suspicion of offences under the Theft Act, Computer Misuse Act and on suspicion of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, and remains in custody.
The Yard said in a statement: "The arrest relates to a suspected conspiracy involving the gathering of data from stolen mobile phones and is not about seeking journalists to reveal confidential sources in relation to information that has been obtained legitimately."
The unnamed journalist is the 12th person to be arrested under Operation Tuleta, which is investigating computer hacking and other privacy breaches.
Operation Tuleta is being conducted along with other investigations such as Operation Elveden, which is looking at alleged corrupt payments to public officials, and Operation Weeting, which is looking at alleged phone hacking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video