Another man stabbed on London street near Woolwich
London: A 20-year-old man has been stabbed in Woolwich here, days after British Drummer Lee Rigby was butchered and beheaded near the same spot, police said Monday.
The victim was stabbed last evening just 300 metres from where Drummer Rigby was struck by a car and hacked to death.
Scotland Yard said officers were called to Wellington Street - just around the corner from John Wilson Street where Rigby was killed - following reports of a stabbing yesterday.
In the latest incident, the man sustained non-life threatening stab wounds to his chest and arm, and was subsequently taken to a south London hospital for treatment.
The Metropolitan police said a man had been arrested in connection with the assault without elaborating.
There was nothing to suggest the stabbing was related to the death of Drummer Rigby, sources said.
"We are working on the basis that the stabbing is not linked with anything to do with Wednesday," the source said.
The stabbing comes after the family of Drummer Rigby, 25, visited the exact spot of his murder and added to a sea of floral tributes at nearby Woolwich Barracks.
Counter-terrorism police made their ninth arrest over his murder yesterday, while the two main suspects remain under armed guard in hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened