Another man stabbed on London street near Woolwich
London: A 20-year-old man has been stabbed in Woolwich here, days after British Drummer Lee Rigby was butchered and beheaded near the same spot, police said Monday.
The victim was stabbed last evening just 300 metres from where Drummer Rigby was struck by a car and hacked to death.
Scotland Yard said officers were called to Wellington Street - just around the corner from John Wilson Street where Rigby was killed - following reports of a stabbing yesterday.
In the latest incident, the man sustained non-life threatening stab wounds to his chest and arm, and was subsequently taken to a south London hospital for treatment.
The Metropolitan police said a man had been arrested in connection with the assault without elaborating.
There was nothing to suggest the stabbing was related to the death of Drummer Rigby, sources said.
"We are working on the basis that the stabbing is not linked with anything to do with Wednesday," the source said.
The stabbing comes after the family of Drummer Rigby, 25, visited the exact spot of his murder and added to a sea of floral tributes at nearby Woolwich Barracks.
Counter-terrorism police made their ninth arrest over his murder yesterday, while the two main suspects remain under armed guard in hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured