Another Qantas plane makes emergency landing in Singapore
Singapore: A Qantas jumbo jet made an emergency landing in Singapore today, the second of the carrier`s aircraft to do in two days, after experiencing engine problems, an airline spokeswoman told AFP.
The Sydney-bound Boeing 747-400 with 412 passengers on board landed safely at Changi Airport without incident, she said.
"Shortly after take-off the captain experienced an issue with one of its engines," the spokeswoman said.
"The aircraft landed safely a short time later without incident."
Changi Airport`s website says the plane, flight QF6, had been scheduled to leave at 7:55 pm (1155 GMT). It was the second incident in as many days involving a Qantas plane.
Yesterday, an Airbus A380 operated by the Australian flag carrier made a dramatic emergency landing in Singapore after an engine failed minutes after taking off on the flight from the city-state to Sydney.
Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce said early signs pointed to a "material failure or a design issue" in the Rolls-Royce engines after one exploded just minutes into flight QF32 from Singapore to Sydney yesterday.
The Australian flag carrier immediately grounded its entire fleet of A380 planes after yesterday`s hair-raising incident.
"This is an engine issue and the engines were maintained by Rolls-Royce since being installed on the aircraft," Joyce told reporters in Sydney earlier today.
"We believe that this is most likely some kind of material failure or a design issue... We don`t believe this is related to maintenance in any way."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users