Another strong earthquake hits Chile
Washington: A strong magnitude 6.0
aftershock struck Chile on Monday, two weeks after a huge quake
and tsunami waves killed hundreds and caused massive damage,
the US Geological Survey said.
The latest tremor, one of over 200 aftershocks to rock
the South American nation since the massive magnitude 8.8
quake on February 27, hit at 8:08 am (1108 GMT) 110 kilometres
north-northwest of the coastal city of Concepcion.
It had a depth of 10 kilometres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold